Getting a divorce, even if it is an amicable divorce is hard. But hey, there’s a positive side of divorce too.
1. You no longer have to shop for things you don’t like. Hate your fridge being full of beer/avocado/yogurt, well now you can have space for whatever you like.
2. Tv control it’s all yours. You can lie in bed and watch whichever channel you want.
3. Domestic chores yes you may be in charge of them all now but that brings a empowerment of its own. They will be done as and when you want.
4. Your job /career you may find this is the perfect opportunity to change job/career path without your ex either consciously or subconsciously holding you back.
5. During your divorce you will have found those friends who had your back. The ones who were happy to listen to all your fears well now is the time to share your hopes with them too.
6. YOU it’s all about you now. You’re not answerable to anyone else, there’s no voice in your ear pouring doubt about your ability. Take the time to find the real you. Take up a new sport, learn a new skill, start a night class, learn a new language the opportunities are endless.
No one knows what the future holds. Getting divorced is not fun but the reasons for your divorce are behind you. In one, two five ten years time you will be a different person we all will. For you just now you can only take one day at a time but you must make sure that day is a good one with small victories. Your divorce may be a defining point in your life but it mustn’t define you. You are worthy of so much more.