An online divorce is the simplest, quickest and cheapest way to get a divorce. You don’t need to pay for attorney fees, have lengthy delays or a whole lot of stressful paperwork to wade through. If you and your spouse are willing to come to an agreement yourselves over assets and custody of children, then you may qualify for an online divorce.
If you decide to proceed you will find that the divorce process is fairly straight forward.
The Process For An Online Divorce
- How to get a divorce? First, check your eligibility for a divorce in your state here.
- Select a company to handle your application for divorce. You can compare Online DIY Divorce Services here. Most have a free registration service so simply enter your details and they will check to see if you qualify.
- If approved, your Online Divorce Company will prepare your legal documents and can have them filed on your behalf saving you on attorney fees and lengthy court procedures. Some companies can have your documents prepared in under an hour!
- By law, the divorce papers will need to be officially served to your spouse and the appropriate waiting time observed. Some companies will serve your papers to your spouse as part of their package.
- The waiting time will vary from State to State but is usually between 60 to 90 days to allow for withdrawal of the forms incase you change your mind, choose to reconcile and maintain the marriage.
- The Court will then send you instructions which will finalize the divorce.
And that’s it!
Click below to see just how much money you can save by filing your divorce online.